By Lorraine | 30 June 2020 | 0 Comments
Different types of betta fish
Betta fish is one of the most popular freshwater fish. Because they have many different shapes and colors, they are very popular. Betta fish are usually classified according to color, pattern, and tail type.
The tail is one of the most attractive features of all different betta variants.
Betta fish are usually classified according to the shape and size of the tail. From short and thin to large and majestic, you will find all kinds of tail changes full of striking colors.
1. Crown-tailed bettaCrown-tailed betta is one of the most popular freshwater fish. This species is relatively young and was first cultivated by Ahmed Yusuf of Indonesia about 25 years ago.
The fin of this species has a long crest-and-crown appearance, but if the webbing reaches more than 2/3 of the tail then it is classified as a different type. Although males show striking colors, long fins and tails, females look completely different. Females usually have a lighter color and a shorter tail, and the overall appearance is not obvious.
2. Veil-tailed betta fishThis is another very common variant of the tail type, which is widely available. This mutated male has a long dive tail flowing down. It has many different color variations, and the overall appearance is very remarkable. If you want to breed betta fish, you should know that this is the dominant tail type of other variants, so it is one of the easiest fish to breed. The female fish is completely different. It does not have any distinctive features of male fish, but sometimes has bright colors. Female fish often have lighter coloration and short fins and tails.
3. The two-tailed betta The two-tailed betta is easy to recognize because it has two different tails that are separated from the base. Generally, this change has larger and longer dorsal fins, with a shorter body.
The gene can be found in any betta of any tail shape and size. This usually means that single-tailed bettas already show double-tailed features, such as dorsal fins with more rays than normal, which gives them a richer appearance.
4. Flying elephant betta fishThis is a very unique fish, not unique in tails or color category. On the contrary, it is unique in its pectoral fins. The elephant ear betta fish or the more common flying elephant betta fish has a quite unique shape. Usually has a striking color, this changing fin is very interesting. The name is given by two pectoral fins similar to elephant ears.
These are also found in the wild, showing darker colors of dark green, gray, and brown. In the aquarium trade, more vivid colors were found, such as bright blue, turquoise, red, and yellow.
If you want to keep several betta fish at the same time, you can choose a tank for multiple betta fish.
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published.Required fields are marked. *
- Aquarium Fishes
- Aquatic Plants
- Other Aquatic Creatures
- Best Aquarium Products
- Aquarium Light
- Aquarium Feeding Knowledge
- Fish Tank & Turtle Tank
- Aquarium Cleaning
- Fish Breeding
- Aquarium Heater
- Aquarium Filtration
- Planted Tank CO2
- Aquarium Decoration
- Shrimp Knowledge
- Fish Keeping